RAINN (Rape, Abuse & Incest National Network) is the nation's largest anti-sexual violence organization. RAINN created and operates the National Sexual Assault Hotline (800.656.HOPE, online.rainn.org and rainn.org/es) in partnership with more than 1,000 local sexual assault service providers across the country and operates the DoD Safe Helpline for the Department of Defense. RAINN also carries out programs to prevent sexual violence, help victims, and ensure that perpetrators are brought to justice.
To learn more about RAINN, click here to go to their website and please consider a small donation of $5 or more to improve the lives of thousands of people affected by sexual violence.
How does my donation help?
- Allows an average of 558 survivors to receive help through RAINN’s hotlines each day
- Improves sexual assault laws and policies to ensure that survivors get the justice they deserve
- Educates more than 130 million people per year on prevention and recovery through relationships with the entertainment industry, the media, and local communities
- Expands the use of DNA to eliminate the backlog of untested rape kits
- Enlists the help of college administrators, Congress, and students on hundreds of campuses to hold colleges accountable for preventing and responding to sexual violence
"RAINN is an incredibly important resource for sexual assault survivors and its accessibility for all people is vital. In the current political climate RAINN's work to educate the public, improve policy and operate their 24-7 hotline is more relevant and necessary than ever!"
Danie Drankwalter is an illustrator and designer living in Brooklyn, NY. Most recently she has worked with clients such as Lenny Letter, Nylon Magazine and Apartment Therapy. Please let her pet your dog.
Thank you for subscribing to December Donate. Each day of December, you will receive a carefully chosen organization promoting a safe environment for all Americans. Each cause is lovingly illustrated by a different artist.
Give thoughtfully this holiday season for a better America.